Thursday, September 3, 2009

Senior Pictures

WOW! It really is here! I knew this year would be a big one and I am thankful that the amount of things that lead up to the big day actually come in small doses throughout the year. It allows my wallet to not get too smoking hot but also allows me to handle it without becoming a basket case.   : O)
We went to the school yesterday to do Alyssa's senior pictures. They are going to be beautiful! However, the gown should be green! She SHOULD be graduating from the same high school I did - Kecoughtan High back in Virginia. I feel bad that we had to move right before she graduated especially since she went to school with so many of her friends since kindergarten through 10th grade. BUT we did allow her to go back to Virginia this past summer and spend 2 months with all those friends and even watch some of the older ones graduate. She saw how Kecoughtan's graduation was held and got to experience it from the stands (so to speak) and now she gets to finish out here at Kinnick High School in JAPAN! How many kids can say that they got to visit another country, let alone live there, experience the culture and then graduate there. It is hard to believe where the time has gone when I look back at it but a lot has happened in these last 16 (almost 17) years. Some good, some bad, some fun, some difficult but over all, I get to say that I raised a beautiful, young woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment