Wednesday, September 2, 2009

$472 Grocery Bill!!!

Yep, you read that right! My grocery bill total was $472.62, it did include $25 cash that I got over but still $447.62 - HOLY COW!! And I saved $21.39 in coupons (which isn't very much when I look back on my couponing days - which I miss being able to do here!). My grocery bill when I first moved here and needed to get everything was not even that high! 
Well, this huge bill would be mostly because while my dh has been gone, I have tried to use everything up and dwindle it down. Now my dh is coming home and everything needs to be replenished! AND the best part - I won't have to shop again like that for a LONG while! LOL!!
My next expense - a small DEEP FREEZER! OMGoodness, my poor refrigerator freezer is packed to the gills and I know it isn't going to stop running anytime soon. I had a freezer when we moved here but as the guys were unpacking, I sat and watched helplessly, as my HUGE JVC big back tv (we bought it before the flat screens came out) crushed the top! Yeah, the idiots who packed us out in VA actually put my tv that weighs over 200 lbs. on top of the freezer - WTHeck were they thinking???Yes, the military paid for it but once I got everything moved in, I really didnt have a place for it and technically I still don't BUT I am willing to make room. I am so sick of not knowing what to make for dinner all the time and opting for take out (rather pizza or Club T, which are our only choices and I'll explain about that in another blog session), when I know a bazillion recipes that I can make in advance and freeze. Then when I/we have a brainbog evening of not knowing what the heck to make, we raid the deep freezer! But then again my dh has a huge plan that he wants to implement when he gets home for planning everything in advance and adding in exercise too!! 
I am so looking forward to having someone my bff home again!! Now I can get motivated again, especially since he has dropped 4 1/2 inches!! He really uped the anty for me. Now I have to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment