Monday, August 31, 2009

First time, first day of school, BUGS & a tropical storm

I am finally entering the blog world! I have been reading blogs for a few years now and I am finally motivated enough to start my own! This is my first time keeping a blog so hopefully I will actually keep up with it and find some entertaining things to talk about. I also hope those of you that decide to follow it will enjoy it.

It's finally here, the first day of school and wouldn't ya know, we are expecting a tropical storm here in Japan - TS Krovanh. They have been posting messages and talking about it for the last few days. Coming from the east coast, I can't help but laugh at the way people react. Though being from the east coast, people often laugh at me when we talk about earthquakes, so it is all good. In any case, we started off the day by heading to school. Both my dd's started today. My oldest, Alyssa,  is a SENIOR this year!! OMG! Where did the time go!?!? It seems like just yesterday I was changing her diapers and teaching her how to walk and talk and now it is almost time to let go. (shutter) I can't even think about it right now. This year will be a test unlike any other yet, so one day at time, it is for me.
My middle child, Brooklyn started 3rd grade. Miss Pretty in Pink! She has been dying to wear her knew dress to school since we bought it at the NEX (Navy Exchange) a few months ago. She was up right on time (with help from the alarm) and practically wore a path as she paced the floors waiting to leave.

My son, Christian, didn't get to start school today because he is starting Kindergarten this year and they start a week after the rest of the school. They like to do home visits first to acclimate the kids into going to school. However, he is already acclimated since he has been in school since he was 2 1/2 and attended the base's Sure Start (pre-school) program last year.
So much for the first day of school though, the base decided to shut down school early because of the approaching storm. I don't think this storm will be much but we have to go through the motions anyway and I could always be wrong. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bright, sun shiny re-start to the school year.

I think the bugs also know the storm is coming because they are out, about and even in my house!! I found a lovely, large moth in my kitchen this morning, a HUGE spider outside on the porch (which after photographing I quickly sprayed with bug spray -IICCKKKK!!) and then this brown butterfly that was seeking cover on my porch. Just a few days ago, I found a horrible 2 inch long centipede stuck to a spider trap (Thank God!). And 2 inches is very small for these guys, not to mention that they are poisonous here. LOVELY!!

1 comment:

  1. She looks just darling in pink. Good luck Brookie on your first day of school. I hope you love your teacher. Oh, darling you look splendid in pink, I think you need a crown.
    I will have to run out to the dollar tree to find you one. Please, Please, Please stay away from those dreadful bugs. Kiss Kiss

    ReplyDelete